With proper care and maintenance, your Elkay accessores will give you a lifetime of service. Below are the suggestions for the care and cleaning of your Elkay accessories.
It is recommended to clean Elkay accessories daily to avoid build-up of soap or mineral deposits, as these tend to have an adverse effect on the appearance of the product. For daily cleaning use an ordinary mild detergent and soft cloth to rinse and dry the sink. Allowing water or cleaners to evaporate will negatively impact the look of the accessory. To avoid this, it is important to dry the accessory after each use.
- Elkay colanders, cutting boards, rinsing baskets and bottom grids are not designed as "Dishwasher Safe" or "Microwave Safe".
- These products should be hand washed in a mild detergent, rinsed thoroughly and hand dried.
- For wood cutting boards – apply a coat of mineral oil to all wood surfaces on a monthly basis or more frequently if needed.
- Check to see that all rubber or vinyl feet and bumpers are in place before using wire accessories.
- Do NOT use scouring pads, abrasive cleaners, and harsh detergents.
- Some accessories are designed with a tight fit to help secure them into place.
The following are recommendations from the USDA regarding cutting boards:
- Always use a clean cutting board.
- If possible, use one cutting board for fresh produce and a separate one for raw meat, poultry and seafood.
- Once cutting boards become excessively worn or develop hard-to-clean grooves, you should replace them.
Success with cleaners are dependent on the quality of the water being used. Failure to follow care and cleaning will void your warranty. For additional information, please visit elkay.com.