- Elkay recommends that undermount sinks be installed by a professional, experienced installer.
Due to the custom nature of this type of installation, no cutout template is included. Elkay recommends providing the cabinet maker with the actual sink to be installed prior to the cabinet fabrication. It is recommended that the sink be installed per one of the below installation profiles shown below. It is further recommended that the installer(s) discuss this with the customer and agree that this finished appearance is the desired effect. Elkay is not responsible for improper sink or countertop installations.
- Proper installation requires a coordinated effort including advanced dialog between the designer (or customer), the cabinet maker, the countertop fabricator, and the sink installer during the design and installation phase.
Elkay undermount sinks should only be fastened to a solid surface countertop (i.e. granite / Corian®). Elkay recommends that the sink cutout and mounting holes be cut by the countertop fabricator prior to installation.
Elkay is not responsible for the sink or countertop if damaged during installation.
- Metal edges may be sharp. Use caution when handling.
Follow all local plumbing and building codes.
Inspect sink for damage prior to beginning installation.
Required Tools (not included)
- Remove the false drawer front from the base cabinet.
- Place the sink in the cabinet and trace onto the side walls of the cabinet to show what material must be removed.
- Elkay recommends removing material 1/16 of an inch at a time until the top of the sink is flush with the top of the cabinet.
- Apply silicone caulk (not included) evenly all around the top of the sink flanges.
- Position and align the sink in the cabinet. Lower the countertop into place on the cabinets. Press the silicone and flange up onto the countertop.
- From the underside, fasten the mounting brackets loosely into the pre-drilled mounting holes in the countertop.
- Lightly tighten the fasteners with a screwdriver until the sink is snug against the countertop.
- Check alignment of the sink to the countertop opening and then tighten the fasteners until the sink is tight against the countertop. Do not over tighten.
- Wipe away any excess caulk with a rag.