This step-by-step guide provides you with the tools you need to troubleshoot connectivity, power or operational issues. If you need further assistance, please contact Smartwell® Customer Care at 866.699.4507 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most troubleshooting issues are related to loss of Wi-Fi connectivity.
Wi-Fi Connection Lost
If a “Searching for Wi-Fi” or “Restart” screen appears, check your Wi-Fi connection.
1. Locate the Wi-Fi adapter.
2. Reboot the Wi-Fi adapter by unplugging the adapter from the power source, waiting 5 seconds and then plugging back in.
3. Next, disconnect the internet cable from the back of the Smartwell unit and from the Wi-Fi adapter and connect it back in. Make sure that the cable “clicks” when being reconnected.
4. Reboot the Smartwell unit. After it boots up and the home screen appears, you are all set.
A separate troubleshooting guide is provided with your Wi-Fi module. Please reference for more detailed information.
Ethernet Connection Lost
If a “Restart” screen appears, check your Ethernet connection.
1. Unplug the Ethernet cable and plug it back in.
2. Turn Smartwell unit’s power off and back on if the home screen does not appear.
3. When the home screen appears, you are all set.
Screen Frozen/Screen Not Responding
1. Turn Smartwell unit’s power off and back on.
2. When unit is fully rebooted, the home screen will appear and Smartwell is ready for use.
Turning Water On/Off
Twist the blue handle on the check valve (back of unit) parallel to the water line to turn on. Twist the blue handle perpendicular to the water line to turn off.
Turning Power On/Off
1. Flip the on/off switch (near base of unit) to the OFF position to turn power off. Do not unplug the power cord from the outlet to turn the unit off.
2. To turn power on, wait 5 seconds and then flip the on/off switch to the ON position. It typically takes 1 minute to reboot. A black screen will appear; next the word “Android” will flash on the screen; lastly, the home screen will appear.
Flavor Icons Disappear from Touch Screen
The flavor icons will disappear from the touch screen when the citric acid pouch is empty.
1. Confirm contents by unlocking the hood and locating the citric acid pouch in the unit.
2. Replace with new pouch if citric acid pouch is empty. (See How to Replace the Pouches in an Elkay Smartwell for instructions on how to replace a pouch.)
3. If you have recently (within a few days) replaced the citric acid pouch, follow the on-screen steps to confirm the pouch is new to the unit. (See See How to Replace the Pouches in an Elkay Smartwell for instructions.)
4. In the event the flavor icons do not reappear on the touch screen, restart the unit.
Sparkling Water Sputtering or Not Dispensing
If still water is dispensing in place of sparkling water, follow these steps to restore sparkling water.
1. Turn off the CO2 tank by turning the knob clockwise.
2. Place a large receptacle in the alcove and dispense still water for 20 seconds.
3. Select sparkling water and press dispenser lever. This will clear the CO2 gas from the line and unit will start dispensing still water.
4. Continue dispensing still water for 20 seconds.
5. Reboot the unit and wait for the home screen to appear.
6. Turn on the CO2 tank by turning the knob counterclockwise.
7. Select sparkling water and press dispenser lever.
8. Dispense two to three 8-oz. glasses of sparkling water to ensure the CO2 is optimally mixed with the water.