Learn how to change a water filter on new ezH2O Liv Water Dispenser models.
Change a Water Filter
A filter cartridge is designed to filter approximately 750 gallons of water at which time it must be replaced. The filter should also be replaced every 12 months if the 750-gallon maximum is not reached.
- Remove four screws from filter box cover using a 3/32 Allen wrench (if filter box is installed).
- Shut off the water supply using the shut-off valve. Turn water shut-off valve handle to the OFF position (clockwise). The handle will be facing up when closed.
- Activate the water dispenser using a water bottle to relieve pressure in the water line.
- Shut OFF power to the unit at the circuit breaker.
- Place a towel inside the filter box, under the filter, to absorb any water that leaks out of the filter when it is removed.
- Twist the filter counterclockwise until it is disengaged. Remove the filter and quickly hold it upright.
- Drain the filter before disposing of it in the trash. The filter can be discarded along with the everyday trash.
- Remove and discard the protective cap from the new filter cartridge.
- Mark the current date on the label of the new filter cartridge in the space provided.
- Attach the filter cartridge by firmly inserting it onto the filter head and twisting it clockwise until it is completely seated.
- Restore power to the unit at the circuit breaker.
- Check the filter status light. A steady blue light indicates the filter is installed properly. If the red light is blinking the filter is installed incorrectly.
- Open the water supply valve.
- Place a container under the spout to activate the fill sensor and dispense at least one gallon of water. This amount of water will bleed any trapped air from the supply lines and filter as well as flush any fine carbon particles from the filter.
- Check for leaks.
- Re-install the filter box cover.