- Elkay recommends that undermount sinks should be installed by a professional, experienced installer.
- Enclosed in the sink carton is a cutout template that can be used to make the countertop cutout with an approximately 1/8” sink rim reveal. Your installer may also retrieve the desired DXF file from our website, www.elkay.com.
- It is recommended that you discuss with your customer the desired finished appearance of the sink and countertop installation. Elkay is not responsible for improper sink and/or countertop installations.
- Elkay undermount sinks should only be fastened to a solid surface countertop (i.e. granite / Corian®). Elkay recommends that the sink cutout and mounting holes be done by the countertop fabricator prior to installation.
- Elkay is not responsible for the sink or countertop if damaged during installation.
- Follow all local plumbing and building codes.
- Inspect sink for damage prior to beginning installation.
Required Tools (not included)
Fasten the mounting brackets loosely into the pre-drilled mounting holes in the countertop.
Apply silicone caulk (not included) evenly all around the top of the sink flanges.
Position and align the sink under the countertop opening. Press the silicone and flange up onto the countertop.
From the underside, lightly tighten the fasteners with a screwdriver until the sink is snug against the countertop.
Check alignment of the sink to the countertop opening and then tighten the fasteners until the sink is tight against the countertop. Do not over tighten.
Wipe away any excess caulk with a rag.