- Elkay recommends that drop-in sinks should be installed by a professional, experienced installer.
- Elkay is not responsible for the sink or countertop if damaged during installation.
- The clips provided are designed for a maximum countertop thickness of 1-3/4”.
- The faucet deck must be supported on both sides while punching the faucet holes.
- Follow all local plumbing and building codes.
- Inspect sink for damage prior to beginning installation.
Required Tools (not included)
- Position the sink upside down on the countertop. Trace a line around the edge of the sink.
- Draw a line 5/16” inside of the outline of the sink.
- Drill a pilot hole in all four corners of the inside line. Use a saber or jig saw to cut on the inside line.
- Place a support underneath the cutout portion of the countertop to prevent it from falling during cutting.
- Identify the faucet holes by the emboss on the underside of the faucet deck and the corresponding circular labels located on the top surface.
- Before punching the holes please verify that the circular labels are properly centered over the faucet emboss. The faucet hole should be carefully penetrated from above the sink using chisel or screw driver and tapping lightly on the circular labels.
- If necessary the hole can been enlarged using a metal hole saw, a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade, or a metal file.
- Determine if you sink was shipped with the Orange Dowel Clip or the Black/Gray Slotted Screw Clip.
- Based on your clip type, align the clips with the corresponding slots or holes. It may be necessary to use a hammer and wood block or screw driver to push clips into place. Make sure metal portion of the clip is in the open position.
- Apply silicone caulk (not included) around the cutout in the countertop surface.
- Carefully lower the sink into the cutout.
- Swing metal portion of clip (clamp) into the clip base. Using a Phillips screw driver, turn screw until clamp engages the countertop. Use shims if necessary.
- Wipe away any excess caulk with a rag.
Watch the Video