Learn how to care for and clean Elkay copper hammered sinks.
- Use non-abrasive, non-detergent soap and a soft cloth, rinse and towel dry.
- Never use abrasives, metal (copper) cleaners, scouring pads, lime or rust removal, alkaline-based, ammonia-based or acidic-based chemicals or cleaning products.
Protect Your Sink
- Acidic foods such as juices and ketchup can remove the patina if left on the sink.
- Hard water spots and mineral deposits can be difficult to remove and may result in damage to the patina.
- Light scratches are normal for copper sinks; over time they will blend into the uniform finish pattern.
- Copper has a living finish and its surface tarnishes naturally. You can expect tarnish, scratches, and dents to appear in your sink over time.
- Run cold water when pouring boiling water into sink.