*This video suggests using a 3M Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scour Pad to remove difficult stains, which Elkay does not recommend using. The pad shown in the the video and recommended is a blue 3M Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge.
With proper care and maintenance, your Elkay quartz sink will give you a lifetime of service. Below are the suggestions for the care and cleaning of your Elkay sink.
It is recommended to clean Elkay sinks daily to avoid build-up of soap or mineral deposits, as these tend to have an adverse effect on the appearance of the product. For daily cleaning use an ordinary mild detergent and soft cloth to rinse and dry the sink. Allowing water or cleaners to evaporate will negatively impact the look of the sink. To avoid this, it is important to dry the sink after each use.
- To avoid unwanted build-up, it is recommended to dry your sink after each use.
- Soft abrasive cleaners may be used when necessary (Blue Scotch-Brite Pads). Strong abrasive cleaners will scratch and dull the surface (Green Scotch-Brite Pads).
- It is recommended the use of an Elkay bottom grid or rinsing basket to protect your sink.
- Run cold water when pouring boiling water into sink.
- It is recommended that you clean your sink prior to first use.
- Avoid storing open containers of household cleaners and chemicals containing chloride such as bleach, acid, and drain cleaners or toilet bowl cleaner beneath the sink. Vapor emission from the chlorides can cause corrosion and pitting to the exposed stainless steel and other metals including faucet water supply lines.
- Do not use dish mats as these can trap soap and dirt making sink maintenance more time-consuming and cultivate harmful bacteria.
- Do not leave standing water in your sink, especially if the water contains anything that could stain the sink (i.e. coffee or tea).
- Use mild abrasive cleaners to clean your quartz sink. Strong abrasive cleaners can dull the color and finish of your sink.
- Do not use abrasive pads like steel wool or wire brushes, as these can damage the finish of the sink. The only abrasive Elkay recommends is Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge (blue sponge) .
- Stubborn stains and water marks can be wiped with the eraser pad in Elkay’s cleaning kit or a Mr. Clean® Magic Eraser® and either water or a 50/50 white vinegar and water solution. Towel dry with a cotton cloth.
- Leaving dirty dishes, coffee grounds, or other staining materials in your quartz sink can negatively impact the color and finish of your sink.
Recommended Cleaning Products:
- Bar Keeper’s Friend
- Fantastik Antibacterial Heavy Duty
- Formula 409 Antibacterial All-Purpose
- Green Works All-Purpose
It is recommended to only occasionally use these products, as overuse may impact the color over a long period of time.
- To restore the color and shine of your quartz sink, apply 1 to 2 teaspoons of mineral oil to a clean, dry cloth. Evenly distribute the oil in a thin layer and allow it to sit for about 2 minutes, and then wipe away any excess.
Success with cleaners are dependent on the quality of the water being used. Failure to follow care and cleaning will void your warranty. For additional information, please visit elkay.com.
- For major stains or grime on your sink, a mixture of a half a cup of white vinegar and a half cup of water will help. Dip a cloth into the solution and rub away the grime or stain. The solution should then be rinsed off and dried to prevent damage to your sink’s finish.
- Another solution for major grime or stains, is a small amount of baking soda and water on a toothbrush. This should remove any nasty stains. Again the solution should then be rinsed off and dried to prevent damage to the finish of your sink.
DO NOT allow any part of your Elkay sink to soak in either of the above mixtures. It is also recommended to test the above mixtures on an unseen part of your sink to see what affect it has to the finish of your sink.